We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to our website, in particular, information that is capable of identifying an individual (“personal information”).
• Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when voluntarily submitted. For example, when supplying personal information in the quotation or buying process to provide you with a product.
• Unless additionally stated at the point of collection, any personal information that is submitted to our website is used only for the purpose for which it is submitted or for secondary purposes directly related to the primary purpose.
• We will not share your personal information with any other third parties, other than within our own group of companies, unless we are permitted or required to do so by law, or you specifically instruct or authorise us to do so.
• We collect, store, and use personal information such as first names, surnames, addresses, contact numbers, email addresses, ID numbers, and vehicle details.
• Your personal information is collected over a secure, encrypted network.
• A cookie stores information from the web browser that was sent to the web server and is stored on your local computer. This is then used by the server when you revisit a website. We may use persistent and session cookies on our website. These cookies allow us to provide you with an improved user experience on our website as well as for online advertising purposes.
• We also make use of Google Display Network advertising and remarketing advertising. This means that prior to and after visiting our website, you may see our online advertising banners on other websites you visit.
• You are able to add, edit, or delete interests and demographic data for the personalisation of Google Display Network’s ads via the Ads Preference Manager.
• We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we review and regularly update our security measures in line with available technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
• We do take all reasonable and available steps to protect the personal information you submit to us, both on the website and within our internal information systems. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged, by way of non-disclosure agreements, to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We will not, however, be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
• We make use of SSL technology to encrypt information transmitted from the website to our servers which are password protected and firewalled.
Access to information
• You have the right to request access to the personal information we have on record for you at any time and we are obliged to present you with such data upon request.
• You have the right to request that we correct any errors in the information held about you.
Links to external sites
• We may provide links to websites outside of our website, as well as to third-party websites. These sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies that you are linked to from our website.
• Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions and privacy statement of any website before submitting personal data.
About this portal
This site is owned and operated by Motor Plan Direct. Motor Plan Direct operates under the domain name “motorplandirect.co.za”.
Motor Plan Direct (Pty) Ltd is a brand of Moving Capital (Pty) Ltd. Administered by MVIA (Pty) Ltd, an authorised financial service provider (FSP 45790). Intermediary Services provided by MVIA Services (Pty) Ltd, (FSP 46967) and authorised intermediaries. Insurance products are underwritten by Mutual & Federal Risk Financing Limited (FSP49551). Non-insurance products are not regulated by the FSCA
Links to other websites
• The Motor Plan Direct site may contain links to websites, which are owned or operated by third parties independent of Motor Plan Direct (‘’Third-Party Websites“). Motor Plan Direct does not sponsor, endorse or approve of the operators of Third-Party Websites, or material (including services, information, graphics, or data) which is located on such Third-Party Websites (“Third-Party Material”).
• The Motor Plan Direct site may contain or link to information about special offers, deals, or promotions by persons not related to or part of Motor Plan Direct (“Third-Party Offers”). Motor Plan Direct does not sponsor, endorse, or approve of any Third-Party Offers, or Third-Party material associated with these offers.
Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, Motor Plan Direct makes no warranties or representations:
– Regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability, or fitness for purpose of Third-Party material, or products or services available through Third-Party Websites: or
– That Third-Party material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person. Motor Plan Direct is not authorising the reproduction of Third-Party material by linking material on this site to Third-Party material.
• When following a link on the Motor Plan Direct portal, material at a Third-Party site may be displayed in your browser framed by material on this portal. This material is also Third-Party.
Your privacy and security are very important to Motor Plan Direct. We collect certain information from you, and it is used by the Motor Plan Direct site in order to provide online services. The Motor Plan Direct site will record and track the use you make of this portal. The use of this data is subject to our Security and Privacy Statement. Please read our Security and Privacy Statement in full.
Motor Plan Direct product information and purchase
The Motor Plan Direct site contains both information of a general nature about Motor Plan Direct and Motor Plan Direct’s products and services and enables you to purchase and pay for products and services online.
Completing transactions on the Motor Plan Direct portal
When entering into a transaction via the Motor Plan Direct portal, whether it be the issuance of a contract, a renewal payment, or a transaction relating to any other product or service, the transaction will not be completed until an “Electronic Instruction “ (being any electronic instruction, information, message, request or communication issued or transmitted to Motor Plan Direct via the Motor Plan Direct portal) containing the acceptance from you to Motor Plan Direct’s offer, or the confirmation of payment from you, whichever is applicable, has been received and processed by Motor Plan Direct, and any specific steps or requirements as set out in this clause 4, have been complied with.
You acknowledge that the transmission of your acceptance or the confirmation of any payment, made through an Electronic Instruction may not be received by Motor Plan Direct or one of our partners in accordance with this clause 4 for reasons beyond either parties’ reasonable control including, but not limited to, mechanical, software, computer, telecommunications, or electronic failure, or the omission or failure of third-party service providers or systems. You further acknowledge that, to the extent permitted by law, Motor Plan Direct is not liable to you in any way for any loss or damage at all and however, caused, arising directly or indirectly in connection with the transmission of an Electronic Instruction through the Motor Plan Direct portal, or any failure to receive an Electronic Instruction for whatever reason.
Purchasing insurance policies and non-insurance products
Where the Motor Plan Direct site enables you to purchase insurance products, non-insurance products or services online:
• The parties (including insurance partners) may enter into an insurance policy using the Motor Plan Direct site by Motor Plan Direct making an electronic offer via the Motor Plan Direct site and you electronically communicating your acceptance of that offer via the Motor Plan Direct site to Motor Plan Direct.
• Motor Plan Direct may act on and process all completed Electronic Instructions transmitted or issued through the Motor Plan Direct site without further consent from or reference to you, and Motor Plan Direct may treat an Electronic Instruction as authentic and is under no obligation to investigate the authenticity or authority of persons issuing or transmitting such Electronic Instructions, or to verify the accuracy and completeness of such Electronic Instructions.
Creating a binding contract with Motor Plan Direct via the Motor Plan Direct site is a two-step process
• The first step is to select the desired product you are interested in and have selected.
• If you wish to purchase a product in accordance with the selection via the Motor Plan Direct portal, then, upon successful completion by you of all additional required details, step two enables you to accept that quote and create a binding insurance agreement with a corresponding Motor Plan Direct policy or membership number.
• When entering into a contract via the Motor Plan Direct portal, you will be taken to have communicated your acceptance of an offer of insurance from Motor Plan Direct.
• The Electronic Instruction containing the acceptance from you enters and is recorded in the main database.
• A record is created and stored in the database.
• A Motor Plan Direct policy number is generated by the Motor Plan Direct database; and Motor Plan Direct receives all required details of a current and valid bank account which you are authorised to use, which is of a type accepted by Motor Plan Direct, and to which Motor Plan Direct is able to charge a premium or payment.
• A binding contract is conditional on Motor Plan Direct or one of our partners being able to successfully charge against your nominated bank account and receiving timeous payment of your applicable premium.
• Where a transaction is entered into between Motor Plan Direct or one of our partners via the Motor Plan Direct portal, a policy or membership number will be issued by Motor Plan Direct via the Motor Plan Direct portal. However, a binding agreement is not conditional on the issuance or receipt by you of a policy number. Therefore, the failure by you to receive a policy number via the Motor Plan Direct site does not invalidate or otherwise prejudice the existence of a contract or transaction entered into using the Motor Plan Direct portal.
• Motor Plan Direct may or may not issue a paper confirmation of the insurance policy or product. The existence of a binding contract is not conditional on Motor Plan Direct issuing, or you receiving, a paper confirmation of the transaction.
• You are responsible for ensuring that you receive a policy number and should contact Motor Plan Direct if one is not received within 24 hours.
• Where you only complete a quote on the Motor Plan Direct site, a binding agreement is not created. A binding agreement will only be created once Motor Plan Direct receives your full payment.
All payments for any products or other services purchased via the Motor Plan Direct site must be paid in full by clear funds by the due date specified in the relevant confirmation. Unless provided for otherwise, all payments referred to in (1) above are to be made by selected bank accounts.
You must therefore provide to Motor Plan Direct details of your current and valid bank account. Including:
• Bank account type
• Name of bank
• Bank branch
• Branch number
• Bank account number
• Account name
Motor Plan Direct’s standard terms and conditions apply
All applications for insurance or other products made via this Motor Plan Direct site are subject to and must comply with Motor Plan Direct’s normal approval criteria and are governed by the normal terms and conditions applying to each product or service requested. Full terms and conditions are contained within the policy documents (which include a policy schedule or certificate of insurance, policy wording, Disclosure Statement, and Important Information about Us). These can be accessed on the Motor Plan Direct portal.
Whilst reasonable steps have been undertaken to ensure that information is free from error, Motor Plan Direct does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of material on this portal. All information is subject to change without notice. Motor Plan Direct does not guarantee that the Motor Plan Direct site or Third-Party Websites will be free from viruses, or that access to the Motor Plan Direct site or Third-Party Websites will function as intended or be uninterrupted. All terms implied by law, except those that cannot be lawfully excluded, are excluded.
Limitation of Liability
Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, Motor Plan Direct, and its directors, employees, agents, and contractors, are not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims, and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defense or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to the material on this portal, to Third-Party material, third-party services, or to access of the Motor Plan Direct site by you, howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort including negligence statute or otherwise.
No financial or Investment Advice
The Motor Plan Direct site does not purport to provide you with financial or investment advice of any kind. The information available via the Motor Plan Direct site does not take account of your particular financial or insurance position or requirements. Motor Plan Direct suggests that you seek independent advice before acting upon material on this site or Third-Party material.
Availability of the Motor Plan Direct portal
As electronic services are subject to interruption or breakdown, access to the Motor Plan Direct site is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis only.
Use of the Motor Plan Direct portal
The information and material contained in this Motor Plan Direct site is provided solely for bona fide personal or commercial customers only. By accessing, viewing, or otherwise using this Motor Plan Direct portal, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of use contained in this clause and clause 14.
You agree that you will not (either yourself or through any third-party):
Use any robot, spider, screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other automatic device or process (“Automated Process“) to process, monitor, copy or extract any web pages on the Motor Plan Direct portal, or any of the information, content or data contained within or accessible through the Motor Plan Direct portal, without Motor Plan Direct’s prior written permission; use any Automated Process to aggregate or combine information, content, or data contained within or accessible through the Motor Plan Direct site with information, content, or data accessible via or sourced from any third-party; use any information on or accessed through the Motor Plan Direct site for any commercial purpose (including but not limited to market research, the provision of pricing estimates or ‘shadow shopping’) or otherwise (either directly or indirectly) for profit or gain; use any device, software, process or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Motor Plan Direct site or any transaction or process being conducted on or through it; take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of or bandwidth connecting to the Motor Plan Direct portal; reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formulas or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with the Motor Plan Direct portal; or copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display, any part of any content from the Motor Plan Direct site without Motor Plan Direct’s prior written permission.
No use of Motor Plan Direct site for unrelated persons
You must only use the Motor Plan Direct site to: obtain motor-related products and services; obtain other information relating to the cover from Motor Plan Direct; or conduct transactions or queries, in respect of insurance cover for you or a member of your immediate family (with their prior consent) or for a commercial enterprise for which you seek bona fide cover. You also agree to indemnify Motor Plan Direct in respect of any liability incurred by Motor Plan Direct for any loss, cost, damage, or expense, howsoever caused, suffered by Motor Plan Direct as a result of your breach of this clause 14.
Copyright and Trademarks
Copyright in the Material on this site is owned or licensed by Motor Plan Direct and/or its affiliates or associate companies. Except where necessary for and incidental to viewing the material on this site via your web browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws, no material on this site may be reproduced, stored in an electronic or other retrieval system, adapted, uploaded to a third-party location, framed, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process whatsoever without the specific written consent of Motor Plan Direct.
The Motor Plan Direct logos are both registered trademarks of Motor Plan Direct.